This simple Kit functions as a UPS system AND a Solar Power Kit. The Inverter allows user to draw up to 5000W momentarily and the battery capacity (8 x 100Ah AGM Batteries) allows for a consumption of ideally 3000Watt Hours (3kW Hours) or below. This should give around 1500 cycles. The 3000 Watts used daily can be replenished by the 4 Solar panels (1200W’s).
There is also an AC charger built into inverter that can assist in charging on very cloudy / rainy days should grid power be available.
* 5kW Pure Sinewave Inverter / Charger (Axpert MKS) – 48V input
* 8 x 100A/h AGM Batteries (or 4 x 200Ah)
* Battery fly lead (cable, 5m Red, 5m Black) with lugs, and jumpers.
* Fuse Holder and 2 x Fuses (200A)
* 4 x 300W Solar Panels (so 1200W together) & cabling
* Panel Mounting Kit (to be specified based on roof type)
Inverter rated Power: 5000W
Maximum PV Array Power: 4000W (only about 1200W being used in this kit so plenty of capacity to add panels)
MPPT Range @ Operating Voltage: 60 VDC – 115 VDC
Maximum PV Array Open Circuit Voltage: 145 VDC
Max Solar Charge Current: 80A
AC Charger: 60A
Max Charge Current: 140A combined with AC charger if grid available.
Automatic Transfer switch: Yes
Batteries number of cycles estimate: about 1500 cycle at about 33% Depth of discharge
* ambient temperature plays a role in battery life so keep cool.